PDA

View Full Version : Autozone Duralast Gold brake pads.

AztecRacer
08-11-2009, 06:04 AM
Have a 2003 Honda Accord V-6 and had to replace the brake pads on it a few weeks ago. The brake pads that were on it were the cheap Duralast brake pads from AutoZone. Have to say that I was not happy with them, first issue was the life of the pads, which only lasted a year. Second, was the amount of brake dust that was all over my rims, really, really black brake dust.. Will after taking them off and upgrading to the Duralast Gold, have to say the feel of the brake pedel is firmer, and after two weeks there is no brake dust on my rims at all. So I have to say if you are looking for new brake pads, look into the AutoZone Duralast Gold pads.:thumb:

Houston hb
08-11-2009, 07:21 AM
why dont you stick to oem instead of that cheapo crap?

AztecRacer
08-11-2009, 08:10 AM
First time I replaced the pads it was with OEM brakes, but they do not offer a Lifetime warranty, and as often as the brakes were getting replaced it was getting expensive. AutoZone, like other parts stores offer a Lifetime warranty on there select brand parts and comes in handy when money is a issue.

djbobbless
08-11-2009, 09:04 AM
The duralast gold don't work out so well too. I used to work at vatozone and I'd always have customers come back in complaining how the golds suck and don't last.. few customers had problems where their pads cracked..

Get some other performance brake pads there are tons to offer that have lifetime warranty as well. IMO all of the duralast items are duratrash. I'd always deal with alternators that wont even work right when they bought it, batteries that turn out bad already, meh it's a low end brand.. but if the gold work out for you then its good.

4doorjdmwhore
08-11-2009, 09:38 AM
These duralast golds haven't done me bad, I would never buy the cheapest ones, but they have decent life and don't leave too much dust at all, I don't track or race my car so I guess I can't give an opinion on the performance aspect....

But pads that aren't AT LEAST semi-metallic are crap and a waste of money.

AztecRacer
08-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Yea, back in the day when I worked for them they had a brand of brake pads called Performace Friction and were really good. As far as there electrical parts, i'll pass, batteries are o.k. they have a decent warranty. I just replaced my Duralast Gold last week and it was under a free replacement warranty which was sweet.

djbobbless
08-11-2009, 10:02 AM
yeah it seems like you have to buy gold in everything at that store lol. those performance friction were awesome.. they still carry a few but only for a few vehicles.

Em1_Kid
08-11-2009, 01:06 PM
I think those pads are good. Thanks to my old job at vatozone I can get almost anything with warranty for free! :ninja:

raulcr2k3
08-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Never had a problem with Duralast Golds. I have them on my car right now. Lifetime warranty, decent price, very low brake dust, so far so good.

its_errick
08-11-2009, 02:37 PM
why dont you stick to oem instead of that cheapo crap?

+1

chewwie
08-11-2009, 05:58 PM
+1

advance auto

Wagner Brake Pads/Shoes - Front
Part No. QC787
Pads; ThermoQuiet; Ceramic; Japan Built/Usa
Warranty LIMITED LIFETIME REPLACEMENT

good shit,get only CERAMIC PAD ONLY, OEM USE CERAMIC TOO!!!!!