PDA

View Full Version : Need advise

latinoheat
08-07-2009, 10:54 AM
I am going on 3 weeks working out at home and just eating right. I have cut back on a lot of burgers, sodas and just bad food. My start off weight was 210, as of today I am now 202 and it feels good to see the number drop

Now my question is should I buy some of those shakes like Isopure? What are the advantages if I do? Or should I just continue what I have been doing?

Also I do not want to bulk up ether, just get lean and lose the fat.

ThaJokaa
08-07-2009, 11:17 AM
depends wut u r plannin on doing with the shake... like wut do u want it for?

cRAIG cHRIST
08-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Isopure would be good anyway you look at it because I doubt you are getting enough protien by just cutting out junk food. Gotta get enough protien no matter how you work out or what you wanna look like.

latinoheat
08-08-2009, 11:47 AM
depends wut u r plannin on doing with the shake... like wut do u want it for?

I do not want to bulk up ether, just get lean and lose the fat.

ThaJokaa
08-08-2009, 12:55 PM
:facepalm:

i use 100% whey gold standard, it's one of the best out there, i drink it in between meals, its just protien so no bulkin up...

L337v1n337
08-08-2009, 12:57 PM
congrats on the weight loss

TheSnowMan
08-08-2009, 03:44 PM
You need to intake 1g of protein for 1lb lean body mass. Protein helps sustain and grow your muscles (doesn't mean bulking up) so your muscles will burn more fat and you lose more weight. Protein is a lot harder to burn for your body so it uses more calories in the process and also protein will make you more full for a longer period of time.

It doesn't matter how you get your protein intake it is just usually easier/cheaper through a shake. Just make sure you mix it with water and not milk.

ThaJokaa
08-08-2009, 03:52 PM
You need to intake 1g of protein for 1lb lean body mass. Protein helps sustain and grow your muscles (doesn't mean bulking up) so your muscles will burn more fat and you lose more weight. Protein is a lot harder to burn for your body so it uses more calories in the process and also protein will make you more full for a longer period of time.

It doesn't matter how you get your protein intake it is just usually easier/cheaper through a shake. Just make sure you mix it with water and not milk.

why not milk?

catharsis
08-08-2009, 08:33 PM
why not milk?

+1 to this question. i asked my friend the other day and he said because when you mix it with milk it's chunkier when trying to drink but most of all that gets into your body slower? also, that milk has extra fat calories you could be avoiding. overall though he said it wouldnt hurt me any. milk is important.. has calcium and i dont think it's something that should be avoided.

and OP CONGRATS on your weight loss. must be a great feeling!

TheSnowMan
08-08-2009, 10:40 PM
From the way I see it, if you drink a shake twice a day with milk you are taking in a lot of extra calories and fat. I currently drink my protein with milk because I am trying to bulk up. If you are trying to lose weight why not minimize that calories and just drink it with water. If you still want the calcium I would suggest getting it from elsewhere.

J Stuff
08-09-2009, 10:13 AM
i drink with water post workout at least. You should be taking in some protein though.

check bodybuilding.com's forums for more in depth discussion about this.

latinoheat
08-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys

TheSnowMan
08-10-2009, 10:22 PM
or check stronglifts.com forum for extra information