PDA

View Full Version : Steering wayyyyyyyy to sensitive

07-28-2009, 08:55 PM
I just picked up a 91 crx hf and the steering is way sensitive. Its like I'm riding in a cadillac but if pull just a hair to the right it moves to the right. When I try to compensate for what seems like oversteer it will pull to the opposite direction quick. It really feels like power steering because of how sensitive it is. But it didn't come with power steering. Can someone suggest a way to fix this?

rage
07-30-2009, 06:38 PM
buy a new car

vx6spdEG
08-02-2009, 12:01 PM
usually that occurs if your tierods are not adjusted properly. i had that happen on my m3 one time. if you adjust the tierods too much to where the wheels are pointing in, your steering will be all over the place. Straighten your steering wheel out and look at your front wheels, see if they are pointing in towards each other towards the front of the car. Best thing to do is get an alignment.

blackturbo
08-08-2009, 06:50 PM
More toe end increaes stability and increases stearing effort. Good for normal driving.

Toe out is most likely your problem as it destabalizes the stearing and makes it sensitive. Good for auto crossing.