PDA

View Full Version : 2 post Car Lift Installation? Know anybody??

slideways2004
07-19-2009, 09:29 PM
I need to get a 2 post car lift installed. I don't know how to do it. I need someone to do it but can't find anybody, been searching forever on them internets.

Does anybody know how to install or know somebody that does??

tenguin
07-19-2009, 09:35 PM
i dont even know wat the hell you're asking for.

blooddriven88
07-19-2009, 09:39 PM
I need to get a 2 post car lift installed. I don't know how to do it. I need someone to do it but can't find anybody, been searching forever on them internets.

Does anybody know how to install or know somebody that does??

can you please clarify?

10js
07-19-2009, 09:41 PM
ill take 3nd

Teabagger
07-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Call a local dealership and find who they use. What brand of lift did you get? Didn't cheap out did you?

firdady
07-19-2009, 09:48 PM
i forget who id ours at work, however their card is still on the lift, i'll take a look at it if i remember:thumb:

profuse007
07-19-2009, 10:04 PM
The lift posts are attached to the floor with 5 bolts as shown in figure 4 below. You should have at least 4" of solid concrete to support the lift. Since the total weight of the car rests on this base plate it goes without saying these bolts need to be secured to the ground correctly. Direct Lift supply the 10 concrete bolts. The bolts themselves are 4" long. Once the position of the posts is decided, mark the hole positions and remove the posts. I went through three 3/4 inch masonry drill bits to make the 4'' deep holes. Lots of dust and noise!. I found in the end it's is faster to first drill a small 1/4'' hole, then enlarge it to 1/2" and finally a 3/4'' hole. Next I bolted the posts in place. Then I attached the top pulley to each post as shown in figure 5.
You need a ceiling height of at least 112" for the lift to fit. A Gallardo on this lift at maximum height will fit with a ceiling of 124".

http://www.lamboweb.com/Repairs_Section/All_Repairs_Lift.htm

brainneeded
07-19-2009, 10:04 PM
if you buy new aren't they supposed to come out to you and install for you?

i wouldn't even know where to look for a used 2 post lift. :really?:

chingpo05
07-19-2009, 10:35 PM
ill check for the number at work tommorrow for you

king_of_HTX
07-19-2009, 10:44 PM
i dont even know wat the hell you're asking for.

:rofl:

FbodTrek
07-19-2009, 10:49 PM
It's pretty easy to do really. You can buy the proper concrete anchors (or they come with sometimes). I'd chop out the concrete and sink some J-bolts if the concrete is too soft.

al
07-20-2009, 04:52 AM
Concrete anchors, bro. Also to consider are the lift's power requirements. You know what, lifts are bad, I'll pick it up from you and properly dispose of it for free

ninjapleazee
07-20-2009, 07:26 AM
wrong section

slideways2004
07-20-2009, 09:00 AM
i haven't bought anything yet. I'm shopping and pricing everything before i buy

lol @ the people who don't know what a 2 post car lift is.

p.s. i didn't know what section to put in in, but suspension and brake performance?? when i said car lift, I didn't mean a donk kit

profuse007
07-20-2009, 09:05 AM
J-bolt would be ideal but setting that in and have it aligned might be tricky. unless you have a jig to set have all bolts parallel.

anchor bolt should do the trick and less intensive for DIY.

concrete in USA is very strong, most homes are easily 4000psi concrete, minimum standard for most jobs.
It's pretty easy to do really. You can buy the proper concrete anchors (or they come with sometimes). I'd chop out the concrete and sink some J-bolts if the concrete is too soft.

slideways2004
07-20-2009, 09:06 AM
http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f0j00LCcQOmpynzktM/2-Post-Car-Lift.jpg

BrentCRX
07-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Wow , if you are not smart enough to figure out how to put up a simple 2 post. Perhaps you should not spend that much time under
it.

Drill hammer and Anchors. Make sure to plumb and square the lift before you start drilling. Install anchors. Then snug the locks down. If you crank on the lock nuts to hard you will pull the anchor back out of the ground.

al
07-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Suspension / Brake Performance the appropriate subforum?

Jeebus
07-20-2009, 09:46 AM
He may have thought it was a lift kit for a car. How much does one of these run used?

slideways2004
07-20-2009, 10:22 AM
He may have thought it was a lift kit for a car. How much does one of these run used?

$1500-$10,000

slideways2004
07-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Wow , if you are not smart enough to figure out how to put up a simple 2 post. Perhaps you should not spend that much time under
it.

what a great attitude. yeah lets see here- I'm not 100% confident in installing something that could instantly take my life and others as well. Yeah, you're right, I'll just do it myself

profuse007
07-20-2009, 12:37 PM
dude, it's more than drilling some holes and aligned it squared.

this is not a one-man job and not that easy for DIY'ers. first of all, you can't expect some skinny asian dude to prop that post up by himself. that post is probably weight about 40lbs/ft. Second, you need to have a good knowledge about electrical hook-up if your garage doesn't have 220v(if it is 220v). the list can go on about the hydraulic system, which is the important part.

is it an easy task? no, but if you research it, youtube it, and get couple of friends together and do it in a day.
it.

Drill hammer and Anchors. Make sure to plumb and square the lift before you start drilling. Install anchors. Then snug the locks down. If you crank on the lock nuts to hard you will pull the anchor back out of the ground.

al
07-20-2009, 12:44 PM
this is not a one-man job and not that easy for DIY'ers. first of all, you can't expect some skinny asian dude to prop that post up by himself.

What a relief, because Slideways is a skinny white dude. He should be good then :thumb:

gOtParTs?
07-20-2009, 12:52 PM
if you looking at any lift, look into the bend pack (sp?) lifts. alot beefier then the rotary lift (which are expensive) but a quite a bit cheaper.

profuse007
07-20-2009, 02:19 PM
skinny asian > skinny white :thumb:

..jk... but really, not everyone can get that shit up, there's a lot of assurance needs to be involved. if you can research and ask around, the job can be done.

i mean, the guy is actually smart enough to ask around b4 he makes the order. most of us would act all ballsy and may screw up here and there. rather pay someone and get it right the first time.
What a relief, because Slideways is a skinny white dude. He should be good then :thumb:

BloodFlawZ
07-20-2009, 02:40 PM
When I bought my lift it was installed for free... Where did you buy yours from??

DRKBLUHATCHver2
07-20-2009, 04:06 PM
All I have in my shop are Rotary's, i have 3 in total with 0 problems, wouldnt trust any other brands, as for install, call any lift dealer in Houston and they can install them, they usually cost around $500 to install, or free install if you buy from them, this does not include wiring which will have to be done by an electrician or any group of men with tools and some beer.

If you have any doubts about installation you shouldnt do it, nothing would be worse then a car falling off onto you.

David NA->FI
07-20-2009, 06:30 PM

Actually...he's brown. Not white at all.

slideways2004
07-20-2009, 07:53 PM
If you have any doubts about installation you shouldnt do it, nothing would be worse then a car falling off onto you.

exactly why someone else is going to install it for me

slideways2004
07-20-2009, 08:00 PM
All I have in my shop are Rotary's, i have 3 in total with 0 problems, wouldnt trust any other brands, as for install, call any lift dealer in Houston and they can install them, they usually cost around $500 to install, or free install if you buy from them, this does not include wiring which will have to be done by an electrician or any group of men with tools and some beer.

thanks for your help

al
07-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Actually...he's brown. Not white at all.

damn, could have fooled me

http://www.wtfhost.com//files/252/rofl/i%20love%20al.jpg

LOL @ SGP Racing

slideways2004
07-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Al, i was the guy that dropped off the motor for Dorian at your house in SL