PDA

View Full Version : steering issues

SLimBOzz
07-12-2009, 10:03 PM
so i did a power steering delete and now all of a sudden when my car is in the air on jack stands my wheels have play in them.like about an inch. i can move the wheel and i can see the steering wheel move.when i drive it feels so loose. and the wheel does not correct at all.it handles like crap. i go around turns and my tires make alot of noise where as before those same turns my tires made no noise.if i hit a bump my steering wheel jerks a little bit. car feels very unstable.my inner tie rod boots are torn but the car drove just fine before i did the power steering delete. i did not mess with alignment or change tie rods.!!!any ideas let me know!!!!

SLimBOzz
07-14-2009, 10:25 PM
nobody has any ideas? just changed rack and pinion,inner and outer tie rods same fuckin problem,

DSM_BOY
07-14-2009, 10:50 PM
When you turn the wheel dont self center right? If so my gurls del sol has that same problem feels unsafe as shit and its hard to turn like ease the wheel to the left or right is hard. We thing its here whole rack and pinion went out but not sure.

rage
07-15-2009, 03:52 AM
alignment...?

SLimBOzz
07-15-2009, 09:38 AM
When you turn the wheel dont self center right? If so my gurls del sol has that same problem feels unsafe as shit and its hard to turn like ease the wheel to the left or right is hard. We thing its here whole rack and pinion went out but not sure.

well dude i just changed to a brand new rack and pinion, new inner and outer tie rods.it still has the same problem.so no its not the rack

SLimBOzz
07-15-2009, 09:39 AM
alignment...?

maybe...i just dont see how cause i didnt mess with the alignment stuff until i changed the rack and tie rods.it drives pretty straight with my garage alignment.

inlinesix
07-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Try adjusting the tension on the rack. It's the a 14mm bolt on the rack if you look underneath and there's a huge thin nut around it, you'll have to break that loose first. I can't seem to find a good picture. Just look underneath the car on the driver's side on the rack, you should be able to see what I'm talking. Tighten that up, and see how it feels. You should feel no play in the steering wheel, but you don't want it too tight either.

SLimBOzz
07-17-2009, 04:48 AM
already did that.doesn't help.still feels loose. and if you over tighten it then steering wheel is hard as fack to turn.

chewwie
07-18-2009, 12:13 AM
how can u check if u got a loose steering wheel?