PDA

View Full Version : 97 civic tein s tech with oem shock problems

325ciboi
07-04-2009, 12:03 AM
my front is a good/loose 3 finger gap but my rear is a perfect 2 finger gap.

Why does my front have such a big gap.

old set up. was full coilover with omni adjustable control arm in front only.

i installed the tein s tech with oem strut with out changing the control arm back to stock. Also take note I had my old setup aligned. The new setup i just slapped on.

Question: Why is there such a big gap in the front? could this be because of the adjustable control arm. and the way it was aligned?

325ciboi
07-25-2009, 05:35 AM
bump. went oem on the control arm still no diffrence.

Chops
07-25-2009, 08:44 AM
positive you installed it correctly or previous owner put them on right (the actual spring and shock)??..i would of thought it would of settled but since its been this long something must be wrong with the installation..the smaller the coil gets that should be towards the bottom (plus the writing on them indicate which way they go) and I doubt you placed the rears with the fronts since the rears are usually a little bit bigger...also do you happen to have bump stops on it..sometimes the bump stops affect how they sit..may have to cut it half way and that would help..

hope any of that helps...

325ciboi
07-25-2009, 08:08 PM
its like it hasn't even set in but its been installed right *i think* where can i get these checked out?

chewwie
07-26-2009, 11:33 AM
is normal for the front to me alittle higher then the rear on drop springs, if u want all even height get coilover.