PDA

View Full Version : Drake feat. Phonte and Elzhi - think good thoughts

E-DUBB
06-23-2009, 09:24 PM
vy0PUQuwxxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy0PUQuwxxQ

im far from a bandwagon follower.
but maybe....just maybe this Drake dude
will bridge the gap between mainstream and underground rap.

im feeling this joint right here.
sounds like some vintage Little Brother thanks to 9th.

heyitsryan
06-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Drake is pretty hot, definitely an interesting lyricist. It's too bad that he had to do so many shitty remixes with lil wayne.

Chopz94
06-23-2009, 09:30 PM
9th wonder beats FTW!

this track is hot though..get this mixtape...way better than So Far Gone

Gunz4Sale
06-23-2009, 10:23 PM
God, I'm so sick of niggas dick riding Drake. Son is like the next Wayne in terms of his ability and buzz.

E-DUBB
06-23-2009, 10:26 PM
he sounds like wayne. but i think its the ladies thats falling for the lightskin wonder.

LOL.

hektic
06-23-2009, 10:36 PM
I agree with you dubb

E-DUBB
06-23-2009, 10:43 PM
im jussayin. ALOTTA peeps listen to Drake. mainly mainstreamers.

but this song goes hard and im sure the listeners are gonna check out for Phonte and Elzhi now.

Oni-San
06-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Eh, I never heard of him until one of my friends popped in on of his CD's in his car. Also the GF told me he use to be on some "teenager" show Degrassi :dunno:

I like this song, I'm gettin some of his music as we speak. . .

integra racer
06-23-2009, 11:20 PM
im jussayin. ALOTTA peeps listen to Drake. mainly mainstreamers.

but this song goes hard and im sure the listeners are gonna check out for Phonte and Elzhi now.

werd! when i heard the song a few weeks back i thought it was bit different for what he is trying to aim for but in my opinion i like this song more than the mainstream shit that they have been playing! Also that song called Deceiving by Drake has a funk/common style beat to it!:thumb:...just my two cents!

asnguy521
06-23-2009, 11:59 PM
i haz both mixtapez

K3nStyl3Lanc3r
06-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Song is dope

Gunz4Sale
06-24-2009, 06:00 AM
Man if Kanye and Jay couldn't put on underground rappers then no one can imo. Jay is actually better at giving little known beat makers a chance, but Kanye does songs with all kinda under ground people. Talib, Mos, Dialated Peoples, Slum Village, Kid Sis just to name a few.

Drake might be a good MC one day, but I'm not even checking for him until people remove their lips him his nutsack. I remember when 50 had this kinda buzz in like 02, and he came out with a homerun in Get Rich Or Die Tryin', idk if Drake has one of those in him because he seems to have a knack for making bitch songs like LL Cool J.

DC
06-24-2009, 06:20 AM
Rap sucks these days, especially Drake, but I like this one.

olstudios
06-24-2009, 09:52 AM
idk if Drake has one of those in him because he seems to have a knack for making bitch songs like LL Cool J.

:kekegay:
so true. i just thought about it

1dmty
06-24-2009, 10:05 AM
God, I'm so sick of niggas dick riding Drake. Son is like the next Wayne in terms of his ability and buzz.

Word! I call this R&B (RAP and Bullshit) At the end he will just be another POP act.

E-DUBB
06-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Man if Kanye and Jay couldn't put on underground rappers then no one can imo. Jay is actually better at giving little known beat makers a chance, but Kanye does songs with all kinda under ground people. Talib, Mos, Dialated Peoples, Slum Village, Kid Sis just to name a few.

BULLSHIT. more people got put on to Talib and Mos after working with Kanye.
Common and Lupe as well. Dilated, Slum, and Kid Sis....another story.

Winthrop
06-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Heads have been listening to him for a while. It's so ignorant to me to discredit someone just because a lot of people listen to them or they get air on MTV or whatever, especially when they are miles ahead of what else is out there in terms of mainstream music.

Gunnz, wouldn't you rather have "niggas dick riding Drake" instead of Soulja Boi or some other clown that's taking the place of someone that could actually have something to say? Baby steps in your opinion maybe, but at least a step in the right direction yea?

Gunz4Sale
06-24-2009, 12:42 PM
BULLSHIT. more people got put on to Talib and Mos after working with Kanye.
Common and Lupe as well. Dilated, Slum, and Kid Sis....another story.

That's what I was trying to say. Kanye brought them exposure, but their rap careers are largely about the same in terms of units etc. Kanye has done a lot for below ground dudes(I might have stated it wrong before).

Jay has put on a lot of ug producers. He introduced kanye, just and 9th wonder to the main stream. Was Ski well known prior to working with Jay? I'm not sure on that one.

I don't see Drake having that same sort of ability is what I was attempting to say. Then Drake says stuff like Drake Puts Soulja Boy In A Class Of His Own, "He Is The Smartest Artist Of Our Generation"
If he is talking about making money and having no real talent for rapping I can see that, but I just hope he doesn't fashion his career after Souljah Boy's.

solrac dmc
06-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Heads have been listening to him for a while. It's so ignorant to me to discredit someone just because a lot of people listen to them or they get air on MTV or whatever, especially when they are miles ahead of what else is out there in terms of mainstream music.

Gunnz, wouldn't you rather have "niggas dick riding Drake" instead of Soulja Boi or some other clown that's taking the place of someone that could actually have something to say? Baby steps in your opinion maybe, but at least a step in the right direction yea?

EEEEXACTLY.

Gunz, people ride Drake the same way you ride Jay-Z, what's the difference?

Gunz4Sale
06-24-2009, 12:51 PM
EEEEXACTLY.

Gunz, people ride Drake the same way you ride Jay-Z, what's the difference?

Jay's not even my favorite rapper, but I respect dudes in the game with a TRACK RECORD which is exactly what Drake DOES NOT HAVE.

Gunz4Sale
06-24-2009, 12:55 PM

I don't completely hate Drake, but he is developing some bad habits already imo. He obviously has a way with words which is good, but his songs in heavy rotation are both bitch songs. Remember LL was one of the most fierce dudes out at one time, and then he made "I need love" which I like, but it was down hill from there. If Drake has versatility in his music he'll be fine, but linking up with lil Wayne and Souljah Boy just spells potential fail.

My problem with hype in general is that it may start about the music, but it always ends up on some bullshit. Good music should be able to speak for itself and not politics.

winc281
06-24-2009, 02:53 PM
he seems to have a knack for making bitch songs like LL Cool J.

:rofl: me and my cuz were just talking about that last weekend lol

I like his music. Better than alot of the other crap on the radio like stanky leg.

Gunz4Sale
06-24-2009, 03:13 PM
:rofl: me and my cuz were just talking about that last weekend lol

I like his music. Better than alot of the other crap on the radio like stanky leg.

Yah when you hit rock bottom no where to go but up right? But yah his music is much better than that crap.

VTi EG6
06-24-2009, 03:43 PM
nice, I just don't agree with Drake being on Blueprint 3. Actually the OFFICIAL mainstream single of BP3 is with him and Jay Z.

MiGhTyGuRl
06-24-2009, 03:47 PM
is this same guy from the degrassi tv show???

king_of_HTX
06-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Jay's not even my favorite rapper, but I respect dudes in the game with a TRACK RECORD which is exactly what Drake DOES NOT HAVE.

Gotta start somewhere.