PDA

View Full Version : 05 Corolla CE feels loose on the road at high speed?

g0lden
06-19-2009, 07:59 PM
My girlfriends 05 Corolla CE feels pretty loose on the road at 70+ mph. There is about 38,000 miles on the car and is in good shape. She has run over a curb in the past, but not at high speed. The car aims straight when driving and I don't notice it pulling to the side, or even hard to steer when turning. the wheels seems tight when I jack the car up. So i dont suspect a ball-joint going bad or anything. Is this just a common characteristic of the car? Should I get some springs and struts/shocks with a stiffer spring rate to stiffen this up?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Distort
06-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Dude, it's a Corolla.

Linwozzle
06-19-2009, 09:14 PM
^^ lol what he said, I have a corolla too, you really have to hold on to the steering wheels, skinny tires and its 4x4 height doesnt help :(

g0lden
06-20-2009, 12:24 PM
^^ lol what he said, I have a corolla too, you really have to hold on to the steering wheels, skinny tires and its 4x4 height doesnt help :(

LOL! thats what I thought the problem was.
You can understand. I just want my girl to be safe. shit scared me the first time I drove it. I may look into a stiffer spring and replace the shocks/struts to give it a better feel. Thats the least I can do.

Thanks fellas