PDA

View Full Version : Does it really work? ver. strut bar

Dorian
01-22-2008, 02:24 PM
http://www.jdm-option.com/eng/pr_CUSCO/towerbar.html

Most informational site I've seen and proof how a tower bar works.

J Stuff
01-22-2008, 04:33 PM
in my 1990 accord i researched this a lot too..

After i installed a cheap pos ebay bar i could actually feel a slight difference. It was worth the $19 on ebay.

I think its because the accord was so stock and old that i could feel all the slight differences going on. However if it was on my GS then the feeling may not be the same since the car is so comfy it hides it

The conclusion everyone had at a CB7 accord forum was that they did feel a diff.. even on stock susp

J Stuff
01-22-2008, 04:35 PM
and damn thats an awesome writeup.. possibly the best there is

nappyrat
01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
good read, the way they put it is easy to understand as well

appleburger
01-23-2008, 03:06 AM
yeah, so i'm gonna need mine back...k?

Dorian
01-23-2008, 08:28 AM
yeah, so i'm gonna need mine back...k?

lol to be honest I might have to sell it because of the stupid edfc. :( Tein makes the edfc bracket but it doesn't work with anything else except what they make. And all the brackets do is keep the wiring from getting tangeled because of the rotation that the coilovers do. *sighs*

Also make sure ya'll watch those vids their pretty good too!

Dorian
01-23-2008, 02:07 PM
After i installed a cheap pos ebay bar i could actually feel a slight difference. It was worth the $19 on ebay.
Damn that's cheap. :./

crxhoutx
01-25-2008, 06:47 PM
wow good site

appleburger
01-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Damn that's cheap. :./

lol. you can get a turbo from ebay for like $150 too!

Dorian
02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
lol

Project240
07-30-2008, 10:09 AM
wtf link is down

Pitlab77
10-12-2008, 05:12 PM
no it doesn't. Most cars have independent suspension and the bars do nothing. I would take mine off but since it is a factory braces I can not remove it in my racing class.

DB8TEGSTER
10-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Link doesnt work

KDMracor
12-12-2008, 09:35 PM
no it doesn't. Most cars have independent suspension and the bars do nothing. I would take mine off but since it is a factory braces I can not remove it in my racing class.

:stare: is this foo fo real? I thought cars had live-axles in the front.

google.com/chassis flex

Dorian
01-18-2009, 01:27 PM
wtf link is down

Link seems to be working just fine for me. You firewalled?

Must have not watched the video. Unless Miata's don't/can't benefit more from it since the chasis is so small.

koolaider
01-19-2009, 11:58 AM
its a placebo effect I tell ya!!! Well for me I didn't feel any difference, maybe because I do normal daily driving so I can't really tell.

blackonblacksls
01-20-2009, 01:39 AM
I know when talking about roadracing mustangs, guys noticed no difference, no improvement from strut tower bars.. They did notice difference in bracing the kmember where it bolts to the actual body of the car.

syntheticGT
01-20-2009, 07:09 AM

Agreed.

I have had 2 different bars on my xB...torsion beam rear. And I felt no difference from it. And I have owned about 6 different bars over the last 9 years from various other vehicles.

Most small cars have strut towers that are so close to the firewall that they would never benefit from a strut tower bar. My strut towers are SUPER close to my firewall.

On a car like the Silvia in those videos you can clearly see that there is a pretty good distance between the strut towers and the firewall so there may be a noticeable difference with the bar installed.

However, it is my experience that there are many other bars/braces for cars that make MORE of a difference.

Unless you are putting that bar to work with all of its accompanying braces, suspension bits, sway bars, bushings, etc...I see it as only a pretty piece for under the hood.

It would help me more if that article didnt seem like just an advert for Cusco...im jussayin.

syntheticGT
01-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Just to add to my rhetoric....

You will more than likely feel a difference on older cars as well. The suspension/bushings may get a little worn/sloppy so anything you do to tighten up everything will prolly be felt by the owner.

DSM_BOY
07-31-2010, 12:42 PM
BAN!!!

but good shit

emeserve
07-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Bah, most car (other than hatches, and even then it's minimal) will see/feel no difference from a rear bar.

Just look at where it's going?!? That area is already triangulated to the max!

90crxHF
07-07-2011, 02:49 PM
It's not going to be a night and day difference, unless the chassis was poorly designed to begin with. One damn bar may do some tightening of the chassis, however 5 additional bars will do wonders for your chassis. When you can stiffen the chassis effectively, you allow the suspension do actually do the work it was designed to do. This shows up more in a dropped/lowered car where suspension flex has been maxmized due to the much harder jounce and rebound now present in the ride because of the stiffer springs. In a car that has a very compliant ride, sure stiffening the chassis will not even be noticeable.